Thursday, 10 December 2015
Wednesday, 9 December 2015
Wednesday, 2 December 2015
Wednesday, 25 November 2015
Wednesday, 18 November 2015
Tuesday, 17 November 2015
Wednesday, 11 November 2015
Wednesday, 4 November 2015
Monday, 26 October 2015
Thursday, 24 September 2015
Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Sunday, 28 June 2015
Wednesday, 24 June 2015
Thursday, 18 June 2015
Purpose: To share our maths strategies with our parents and evaluate how well we are doing in maths and find out how we can improve. Our parents can then help us at home.
WALT: (highlight one)
count on from the biggest number when adding two numbers together (e.g. 3+8 as 8, 9, 10, 11).
explore the different ways to manipulate numbers when adding 2 digits (e.g. 18+18+18 as 20+20+20=60-6).
explore the different ways to manipulate numbers when adding and subtracting 2 digits (e.g. 71-48 as 73-50).
explore decimal place value (e.g. how many 10ths, 100ths and 1000ths in a whole number).
Choose your maths goal so far from this term 18+18+18+18
Use the Showme app to “show” how you can solve the maths problem
Can you solve the problem using a different strategy?
Speak clearly into your ipad - keep your ipad still
Get a buddy to view it
Save Showme as: ‘Your Name’ Term 2 Maths Sample
Get an adult to check it.
Copy embed code, paste into the HTML section on your blog.
Copy and paste title, purpose, task
What is your maths stage?
Put a target on your stage for this term:
Counting on & back with 10’s as the unit 💪
Simple part whole strategies to 100
Simple part whole strategies to 1000
Wide range of part whole strategies
What do you enjoy in maths and why? I enjoyed maths because I am so good at it
What challenges you the most and why? Doing the sample because it is so hard
What do you need to get better at in maths and why? To reach my goal and be good at my goal. My goal is to 10 100 up to 1000
How can adults help you with this goal? By helping me practice.
Wednesday, 17 June 2015
- Retell the story of Matariki like a play
- Write a story about Matariki
- Make a model about Matariki
- Create a piece of art about Matariki
- Learn and sing songs.
- Create a movie about Matriki to share (it could be a legend or about Matariki)
- Create a facts Kahoot about Matariki
- Create a TV commercial advertising Matariki
- Create a debate about this statement: “Matariki Day should be a National Holiday”
- Choose one of the above activities
- Ask yourself: Will it suit my buddy? Is it appropriate for the amount of people in my group?
- Research some facts about Matariki: What, When, Where, Why, How, Who?
- What resources do you need?
- Prepare the things you need for Friday morning for buddy time
- On Friday you will have from 9:30 - 11am to complete it with your buddy
- The following week you will have more time to edit / practise / put on the final touches
- Be prepared to share with the whole-school on Thursday Matariki Day
Phoebe, Freya, Ruby & Kalia (Rm 3)
Annaliese, Noah, Mason & Troy (Rm 4)
Toby, Lenni, Ryder, Jack (Breakout rm 4/5)
Hannah,Abby, Manaia, Addisyn (Rm 6)
Samantha, Halle, Aroha, Layla (Rm 6)
Azahra,Cohen, Luca & Mac (Rm3)
Emily, Renae, Emma, Max, Samuel (Rm6)
Emily S, Charlotte, Liwan, Porsha (Rm4)
Angus, Mason, Kairo, Benji, James (Rm 3)
Richard, Shrawan, Max, Shaun, Jackson (Staffroom)
Bella, Jayde, Miracle, .. (Rm4).
Billy, Gordon, Jayden (Rm 3 office)
Kate, Tahu, Braydon (Sick bay)
Wednesday, 20 May 2015
Monday, 30 March 2015
Thursday, 26 March 2015
Wednesday, 25 March 2015
Tuesday, 24 March 2015
Monday, 23 March 2015
Sunday, 22 March 2015
Wednesday, 4 March 2015
Purpose: To describe an interesting character so we can tell a story about them at the Marae stay.
WALT: Entertain (character description)
Think of a character you could write about.
Introduce your character in an entertaining way.
Describe their looks.
Describe their personality.
I think/feel statement (Conclusion / Summary)
Criteria: I can
Descriptive vocabulary (words that help to SHOW the reader)
use a range of verbs
Language features (phrases that help paint a picture)
select one or two similes
use onomatopoeia to show sounds
select words that start with the same sound (alliteration)
My writing is 2-3 paragraphs (100 - 200 words)
Learning Partner Comment
Feedback: I love the way you told his looks
Feedforward: Next time write a I think sentence.
Overall, how well do you think your learning partner has done?